Sunday, November 14, 2010

salted carmel ice cream


I made some ice cream today. It was a labor of love. Rob loves caramel ice cream. First I made the caramel, second, the custard, and then I froze the mixture and the machine did the rest. It was good, but not great. It consisted of heavy cream, eggs, sugar, and milk.

I will have to try a different recipe, maybe one that isn't so rich. (Rich is a funny word my Grandma Whitney used for her homemade fudge she kept in round tins.)

I also made sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping. It was sweet, something I would prefer as a dessert. Next I made brussel sprouts, which I think are so cute, those little cabbage heads so bright and green. My kids got excited about them which makes me happy.

I grilled some pork loin on the barbeque and used some of our favorite barbeque sauce Head Country that we order from Ponca Oaklahoma.


And I just love this picture of Greta on her way to school. What a great girl!

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

Wendy, I love your blog.... It's full of random greatness. Salted ice cream and Greta. Perfect.