Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SAINT GEORGE MARATHON!



So, the marathon was so great. We stayed in the Christiensen's home in Saint George, which was so accommodating with a pool and beds and bath for everyone. Rob was great to drive four women runners down and listen to their nervous rambling. Saint Goerge is really an a fun course. I love the hills and for the most part the downhill! We had perfect weather, the only problem was arriving late for the last bus to head up the canyon and miss a chance at the bathrooms before the race. Not good.

Before the race I thought I might want to take a break from the marathon training but afterward I felt a renewed energy and I want to run another while I am trained for it. The Phoenix Rock and Roll is in Janruary, hmmmmmm. We'll see. I am going to get Rob to do the next one with me!

2 comments:

The Winns said...

Wendy, you look great! You inspire me to get off my bum...well almost!

Jennifer said...

Great photo of everyone (but me...yikes!) This was a truly memorable weekend. I'm impressed you're thinking of another one. I'm actually feeling like being a bum until after Christmas. How bad would that be?

Thanks again for totally providing everything for me for this race--including the entry! You guys are the best. Oh yeah, and I wish you and April were my running partners.