Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Soda Sale

Today the kids are selling soda, water, and gaterade door to door. It is a great way to make money. Thanks to Uncle Matt who spent $50 on drinks at Costco and let the kids set up a stand on their corner in Bountiful. They made enough money to pay him back and now we have drinks to sell! The kids have already made $30 in an hour and 1/2. That's pretty good money. I think we'll get ice creams and drinks next time and try it on a hotter day. Today it is in the 50's, much too cold for a June day in Utah. Last year when we moved here it was in the 100's quite a few days in June. I think I prefer the colder weather, suprisingly. The only time that I wish it were a little warmer is on my morning run. I'll have to get a photo of these entrepreneurs and post. August is quite enjoying going along for the ride. He is sitting on top of the cooler in the wagon as the girls pull the drinks along. Summers are great. Now if I can just figure out why my house smells like burnt bacon - seeing as I have only cooked oatmeal and quesadillas today. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

The Winns said...

How fun! Sounds like you guys live in a great neighborhood. We miss you so much. I wish it wasn't so far to visit.

Melissa said...

Great idea. I think it would go over well here.....if my kids didn't die of heat exhaustion going door to door.