Monday, June 16, 2008

Bike Ride

Today in 90 weather my kids and I and a couple of neighbor friends rode to Kohler's grocery store to load up on candy and rode home. Greta, who is new at the two wheeler, was a superstar. She rode up an down curbs and crossed busy intersections and stayed far to the right and away from traffic. I couldn't have been prouder. I pushed August in the jogger and tons of water bottles and then a large container of otter pops on the way home. Thanks Olive. The kids did a great job but I don't think they are ready for the trek on their own.

I'll have to clock the distance, but it was much farther than Greta has ridden in her life. I considered it a great workout and am able to count it as my 11th mile today. I am training for the Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back from Logan to Park City and it takes place this Friday. I am a little nervous about my first leg as it is 6 miles with lots of hills at noon. The weather is supposed to be cool so I think I'll be okay. I have had a great time running with my sister Kerry and some great girls from my new neighborhood. We have a great "coach" who constantly encourages us and keeps up quite the pace. I think my pace has increased a bit.

8 comments:

The Winns said...

I am so jealous, it sounds like you are in awesome shape! Good job. My kids have requested more pictures of your kids. :) They want to see their cute faces.

Mutsumi said...

Oh my gosh you are serious!
I really wish we can run together. I don't know if you heard on the phone last night, but Amalie said "My name is Amalie. I miss you, Auggie. I love you, bye"
We miss you guys!

linda said...

I am SO impressed by your running but you already know that. I just want to make sure the candy/soda selling is still going on when my kids come. They would be very excited by the process of door-to-door selling of food items. can't wait to see you.

linda said...

I picked berries yesterday and thought of you and how we have always gone together. wawawa. the girls got the letters from your girls today. they promptly wrote replies(momo cried that she didnt' get a letter). Margarets claims that she and Ingrid will now be pen pals. Gretchen wants e-mail so she can write Olive. ah. see you so soon.
Linda

The Miles Files said...

Hi Wendy! Your mom sent your blog address to my Mom, and she forwarded it to me. It was so fun to get together with you guys a couple of weeks ago. We'll have to plan to do something again later this summer. I am glad to hear that the soda sales were going well. :) I sent you an invitation to my blog. Fair warning- it is not extremely exciting, just life. Hope your summer is going well.

amy said...

Remember our big plans to be running partners forever? Maybe someday. I sure loved running with you back in the days. Most likely coming to Utah in a few weeks, are you around? Would love to see you and the fam.

amy said...

Hey friend, I'm not coming to UT but with good excuse. E-mail me and I'll tell you why - amy_kroff@yahoo.com

Jill Bagley said...

OHHHHH wendy!! im feeling so lazy compared to you.
i cant belive you are running and all .
i bet you are totally fit and looking hot.
no fair. I have a jelly belly. but i guess i did have another baby right after you. i feel like i should have started doing something ultra cool like running marathons or something.
who knows if i ever will. but im impressed by your tenacity. as if your not busy enough!!!
Kim Pollei was in town ( portland) and i dont think she called :-( o well. but a bummer.
i had my family in town, so if she did call, i might have not got it. maybe i have to make the trek up to minnesota.