Friday, March 25, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor dies at 79



Not that I was ever really a fan of Elizabeth Taylor but I just have to post a brag that my great uncle Lon Whitney made this yellow chiffon dress for Elizabeth's fifth wedding to Richard Burton. She married him four days after her separation from her fourth husband. That in no way makes this dress less famous.

I knew there was a reason I was drawn to trashy tabloid magazines in the supermarket isles. It is their designer clothing I am attracted to and now I know why. This attraction stays at the supermarket and is forbidden in my home but I do look forward to the check out stand.

2 comments:

Jill Bagley said...

ahhh, cant believe you have a connection to that dress.
how cool!!
i love that dress---its amazing.
wish i could get one for me!!

Jennifer said...

I would work this connection hard my whole life through if I were you. Very, very cool. And very pretty dress.