Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Things

Up these stairs is the girls room. It is big enough for their three twin beds with room to spare. There is one small closet that Olive has claimed as her own. It is her room I guess and the girls have their clothes in another bedroom closet. Having a new house doesn't mean it all makes sense. One day when they are more brave and want their own space, someone will venture to the bedroom in the basement. I am sure it will be August. We have this unfinished part to our basement and we have some old furniture and some boxes that we haven't emptied scattered around. This is where we have all of the kid's toys and the treadmill. There are large windows that passersby can peer down into. This is the scary part of the basement.

Dumb Ass. We have started eating hummus again. August loves it. It's great except for the breath it leaves you. He calls this great snack "dumass". Love it.

So we have a new house in a neighborhood that feels like church camp. The houses are all about the same age, the people are all about the same age, and 98% of us go to the same church. I am not worried that I won't get to know my neighbors. If I don't meet them at the park or pass them on my run, I am sure to get to know them when I work with them at church.

7 comments:

linda said...

I can't wait to see your new house. Ours looks the same, not finished yet after five years...

Rick Sunderlage said...

Dumass, that's so funny! I have a great recipe for dumass.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Oops, Wendy, that was me, Rachelle.

Melissa said...

What a treat to get a comment from one of my favorite college friends. You look exactly the same...AWESOME. It was so fun to catch up on your family and see your kids. Thanks for making contact. It is crazy how we can find people that we haven't seen in years and years.

The Winns said...

I just "found" your blog. I am so happy you found a house. It looks beautiful. We miss you guys so much. You have a wonderful family, but you already know that!

Melanie Engen said...

Being nosy and linked to you from Melissa Bunker (Farnsworth)'s blog. It is so fun to see you and your family. Your kid's names are darling. Love them. You look great. Exactly the same, just like 15 years older. Not that we are old. :) Welcome back to Utah. I have been here since BYU. Can't seem to figure a way out of here. :)

Melanie Engen said...

Just in case you can't figure you that crazy Melanie is. it is Melanie Knight.